Microsoft Word's Amazing Autos
Summary: Word provides several tools that can aid in developing your documents. This e-book focuses on a few of those tools. You discover how to use Building Blocks, AutoComplete, AutoCorrect, and AutoFormat to make document development a snap.
Word contains a wide range of tools that are invaluable when it comes to developing and editing your documents. Many of those tools—in grand Microsoft style—start with the word "auto." Because of the similarities in their names and what they do, it is sometimes easy to confuse Building Blocks (the only automatic tool that doesn't start with "auto"), AutoComplete, AutoCorrect, and AutoFormat. Yet, when you learn how to use these tools, you can make developing your documents faster and easier than ever before.
Word's "auto" tools provide you with an amazing amount of power, if they are used correctly and fully. Understanding how to use that poweris the purpose behind the second edition of Microsoft Word's Amazing Autos. This is your definitive guide to getting the most out of these four tools and creating your documents faster and more consistently than you thought possible.
Microsoft Word's Amazing Autos contains 243 pages of detailed info that you can put to work right away. The e-book is divided into five comprehensive chapters:
- Building Blocks. Tips that focus on how to use Building Blocks, from basic to more advanced uses of the tool.
- AutoComplete. Tips that focus on how to better understand and use the AutoComplete tool.
- AutoCorrect. Tips that cover everything from how the built-in AutoCorrect entries work and how to create your own custom entries to how you can use AutoCorrect to insert special symbols.
- AutoFormat. Tips that focus on how to automatically format your document using the AutoFormat tool (both the "as you type" and the "do the whole document" aspects).
- Smart Quotes. These special type of quotes and apostrophes are implemented using the AutoFormat capabilities of Word, but they deserved their own chapter.
If you want to see the full table of contents for Microsoft Word's Amazing Autos, you'll discover that it contains more information than you can shake a stick at (as my grandfather used to say).
Microsoft Word's Amazing Autos is an invaluable resource for learning how to harness the document-creating power of Building Blocks, AutoComplete, AutoCorrect, and AutoFormat. You are introduced to topics using bite-sized chunks pulled from past issues of WordTips, distilled down to focus on the moder versions of Word (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and the version of Word provided with Office 365). You can learn at your own pace, exactly the way you want.
This valuable e-book is provided in both Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. In these formats you enjoy the following features:
- The ability to view, search, and print the book.
- Screen shots that illustrate what you see in Word as you follow the step-by-step instructions.
- The ability to select and copy sections of text.
- Hyperlinks to internal content (in the book itself) and referenced resources on the Web.
Since the electronic book includes a version in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format, you need to either have Acrobat or the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Many computer systems already have the reader installed. If you do not, you can get it free, directly from Adobe.
How much does all this value cost you? You can download your own copy of this valuable information—all 243 pages!—for the low price of only $24.99. If you prefer, you can have the e-book sent to you on CD-ROM for a few bucks more. Place your order today!
|Microsoft Word's Amazing Autos
(for Word 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and Office 365 users)
ISBN 978-1-61359-489-6 (2.8 MB)
ISBN 978-1-61359-490-2 (243 pages)
You can also order any of our products by calling our order line: 307-200-0450.